HOOVER, Ala. (AP) - Edouard Julien hit a grand slam Wednesday as No. 7 seed Auburn defeated No. 2 seed Mississippi 9-3 in the Southeastern Conference Tournament.
Auburn (39-19) remains in the winners' bracket in the double-elimination portion of the tournament and faces No. 11 seed Texas A&M (38-19) on Thursday. Ole Miss (42-15) meets No. 3 seed Georgia (37-18) in an elimination game Thursday.
Auburn scored nine runs in the final three innings to rally from a 2-0 deficit.
Julien capped the outburst with his grand slam in the ninth. On Tuesday, he had the game-winning hit in the 11th inning against Kentucky.
Auburn's Conor Davis and Jay Estes each drove in two runs. Ole Miss' Jacob Adams scored twice.
Auburn starter Tanner Burns (6-4) allowed three runs - one earned - in seven innings. Ole Miss reliever Greer Holston (2-1) took the loss after allowing one unearned run without retiring a batter.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Auburn defeats Ole Miss 9-3 in SEC Tournament
- Auburn opens SEC Tournament vs. Kentucky
- Auburn beats Kentucky 4-3 in 11 innings in SEC Tournament
- Georgia wins SEC Championship over Auburn
- Alabama, Auburn land handful of players on All-SEC teams
- Alabama drops Auburn 6-4 in SEC Tourney opener
- Doxakis, Texas A&M shut down Auburn, 4-2 in SEC
- Mississippi moves to SEC semis with 7-0 win over Auburn
- Former SEC coach Gene Chizik is back in Auburn
- Auburn wins!