AUBURN, Ala. (AP) - Auburn center Austin Wiley has put his name into the NBA draft pool but doesn't plan to hire an agent.
Wiley announced his decision Tuesday, becoming the third Auburn player to declare for the draft. He has until June 11 to withdraw his name if he doesn't hire an agent.
The NCAA ruled Wiley ineligible for last season after his family allegedly accepted money from former associate head coach Chuck Person. Person has been charged as part of a federal probe into corruption in college basketball.
A five-star prospect, Wiley enrolled in midseason as a freshman and averaged 8.8 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.4 blocks. He was named captain of the 2017 USA U19 World Cup team.
Point guard Jared Harper and Mustapha Heron have also entered the draft. Heron indicated he planned to hire an agent.
For more AP college basketball coverage: http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Auburn center Austin Wiley puts name in NBA draft pool
- NCAA rules Auburn center Austin Wiley ineligible for season
- Auburn's Brown, Wiley Harper to return after exploring draft
- NCAA denies Auburn's appeal of Austin Wiley ruling
- Auburn's Bryce Brown submits name to NBA draft
- Auburn junior Jared Harper declaring for NBA Draft
- Auburn Basketball star Chuma Okeke Declares for 2019 NBA Draft
- Auburn's Purifoy, Wiley held out due to investigation
- Auburn set to make road trip without Wiley, Purifoy
- Collin Sexton declares for 2018 NBA Draft