RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Edouard Julien and Steven Williams each hit three-run homers to help Auburn beat Northeastern 13-4 on Friday in the NCAA Tournament's Raleigh Regional.
Julien hit his three-run shot in the first inning, while Williams followed in the fourth. Williams finished 4 for 4 with four RBIs for the Tigers (40-21), the No. 2 seed in the regional.
Auburn led just 3-2 midway through the third inning but blew the game open with three runs in the sixth and two more in the seventh. The Tigers finished with 17 hits, with five players having multi-hit games.
Tanner Burns (7-4) took the win, allowing seven hits and two earned runs in six innings.
Charlie McConnell had three hits, including a solo homer in the fifth, for Northeastern (36-20). Tyler Brown (8-4) took the loss, allowing six runs and eight hits in 3 1/3 innings.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Auburn beats Northeastern 13-4 in NCAA Raleigh Regional
- Balanced BYU uses defense to beat Auburn in NCAA Tournament
- Auburn baseball beats Georgia Tech to sweep Atlanta Regional
- NCAA rules Auburn center Austin Wiley ineligible for season
- NCAA denies Auburn's appeal of Austin Wiley ruling
- Decatur native Tanner Burns to start Auburn's NCAA Tournament opener
- Auburn seeded fifth in the 2019 NCAA Tournament
- Auburn players have high hopes for NCAA Tournament
- Auburn Baseball makes third straight NCAA Tournament berth
- Auburn beats Kentucky in overtime 77-71