HOOVER, Ala. (AP) - Edouard Julien singled home the winning run in the 11th inning Tuesday as No. 7 seed Auburn beat Kentucky 4-3 to eliminate the 10th-seeded Wildcats from the Southeastern Conference Tournament.
Auburn (38-19) advances to the double-elimination portion of the tournament and faces No. 2 seed Mississippi (42-14) on Wednesday.
Julien's one-out single to center field off Zack Thompson (2-1) scored pinch runner Cade Evans from second base. Brett Wright singled and Brendan Venter walked to start the winning rally.
Kentucky (34-22) wasted a brilliant performance from Sean Hjelle, who struck out nine and allowed just four hits in 7 1/3 innings of scoreless relief.
Kole Cottam hit a solo homer for Kentucky and had a game-tying RBI double with two outs in the ninth inning.
Auburn's Will Holland had a solo shot and scored twice. Freshman Cody Greenhill (4-2) allowed Cottam's game-tying double but pitched three innings of scoreless relief.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Auburn beats Kentucky 4-3 in 11 innings in SEC Tournament
- Auburn opens SEC Tournament vs. Kentucky
- Auburn beats Kentucky in overtime 77-71
- Auburn defeats Ole Miss 9-3 in SEC Tournament
- Auburn beats Tennessee, advances in SEC Baseball tourney
- Balanced BYU uses defense to beat Auburn in NCAA Tournament
- Auburn Alumni celebrate SEC Championship in Huntsville
- Auburn senior Malik Dunbar after Auburn's win over Kentucky
- Georgia wins SEC Championship over Auburn
- Auburn basketball gets second straight SEC win