The Auburn Tigers have a new voice.
Andy Burcham, who has been part of Auburn radio broadcasts for the previous 31 years in various capacities, has been named the lead announcer for Auburn football, men’s basketball and baseball. Burcham is replacing Rod Bramblett, who passed away along with his wife, Paula, on May 25 in an automobile accident.
Burcham worked alongside Bramblett for the previous 25 years broadcasting Auburn baseball and served as the play-by-play voice for Auburn women’s basketball since 1988. No stranger to Auburn football, Burcham has been the pre and postgame locker room host for Tiger football since 1990 and was the play-by-play announcer on Auburn football pay-per-view and tape-delay broadcasts from 1992-2013.
“I’m thrilled to be selected as the Voice of the Auburn Tigers,” Burcham said. “While it’s a bittersweet time and I wish the circumstances creating this opportunity were different, I am honored to be following in the footsteps of such legends as Rod Bramblett, Jim Fyffe, and others. With this job, you’re not just the voice of Auburn football, men’s basketball and baseball. You’re also the voice of Auburn. You represent Auburn every day, and I will never forget that. I have been in this community and broadcasting Auburn games for 31 years. I understand and love Auburn and its tradition. I can’t wait to be a part of it moving forward.”
Burcham will co-host Tiger Talk with veteran Auburn broadcaster Brad Law and work alongside Law on Auburn baseball broadcasts. Law will also serve as pre and postgame locker room host for Auburn football. Brit Bowen will take over broadcasting duties of Auburn women’s basketball and Auburn softball.
- Auburn Tigers have new voice
- Rod Bramblett, the Voice of the Auburn Tigers, and his wife, Paula involved in serious accident
- Funeral arrangements set for Rod Bramblett, the Voice of the Auburn Tigers, and his wife, Paula, following car crash
- Auburn fans not going home after Tigers' loss to Virginia
- Auburn fans love to travel with their Tigers
- Tigers to play Columbus State, Auburn Montgomery in fall exhibitions
- Auburn wins!
- Madison County Tiger walk
- Tigers draft Auburn right-hander Casey Mize with No. 1 pick
- Florida tops No. 4 Auburn to hand Tigers second loss of the season