AUBURN, Ala. (AP) - Auburn’s top recruit, point guard Sharife Cooper, hasn’t been cleared to play by the NCAA. Tigers coach Bruce Pearl said Monday on Auburn’s weekly radio show that the NCAA is still conducting Cooper’s initial eligibility review. He says Auburn is "hopeful for a resolution as soon as possible.” Auburn is scheduled to open the season Thursday against Saint Joseph’s in Fort Myers, Florida. The Tigers play preseason No. 1 Gonzaga Friday morning in the Fort Myers Tip-off.
Sharife Cooper may not play this week for Auburn.
Posted: Nov 24, 2020 10:01 PM
- Auburn Basketball may be without star player
- Auburn Star Running Back & Local Player to Declare for Draft
- Auburn Basketball star Chuma Okeke Declares for 2019 NBA Draft
- Auburn basketball's AUTLIVE game Saturday
- Local athletic director react to punishment of star basketball player
- Auburn wins!
- Auburn basketball gets second straight SEC win
- Former Auburn assistant basketball coach pleads guilty
- Former Auburn assistant basketball coach avoids prison
- Auburn Athletics releases basketball attendance plan
Scroll for more content...