An Athens woman died after a single-vehicle crash at 6:30 a.m. Sunday.
Senior Trooper Chuck Daniel, spokesman for Alabama State Troopers Decatur post, said Courteney Lynn Ledbetter, 23, was killed when the 2013 Chrysler 300 she was driving left the road and struck several trees on Copeland Road three miles east of Athens.
Ledbetter was airlifted to UAB Hospital where she later died. A passenger with Ledbetter was also injured and transported to Athens-Limestone Hospital.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Athens woman dies after vehicle crash
- Athens man killed in crash
- Decatur man dies in vehicle crash
- Athens crash injures driver, mangles car
- Athens woman charged with lying about robbery
- Athens woman facing drug trafficking charges
- Athens woman shot and killed overnight
- Leighton woman dies in early Sunday crash
- Oneonta woman dies in Sunday crash
- Athens police deal with second vehicle theft in two days