Limestone County authorities say a woman who worked at Strain & Sons Nursery is accused of stealing more than $130,000 from the company over an eight-year span.
Authorities say the company reached out to deputies after finding discrepancies during an audit. When investigators looked at the numbers, they discovered the large sum of money was used on vacations, utility bills, property taxes and other purchases during that time. They also say the suspect, Sarah Stripling Manry, 52, of Athens, made some of these purchases using company credit cards.
Strain & Sons is located off Strain Road in Athens near US 31.
Investigators arrested Manry on probable cause for first-degree theft and fraudulent use of a credit or debit card. She later was released on a $6,500 bond.
- Athens woman accused of stealing $130K from Strain & Sons Nursery
- Flu Strain A vs Flu Strain B
- Nursery employee tries to stop suspect
- Tennessee man accused of attacking man, stealing his car at Athens Burger King
- Two charged with stealing from Athens storage units
- Athens police arrest man for stealing truck at Walmart
- Public intoxication charge dismissed for Athens councilman's son accused of hitting parents with vehicle
- Hartselle police arrest woman accused of stealing from man's garage
- Woman accused of stealing $60,000 from Limestone County cemetery
- Son charged with murdering his mother in Athens