An alley way in Athens will soon get a new look thanks to students from Athens Renaissance School.
WAAY 31 caught up with the students to learn their plans.
The alley located next to UG White Merchantile on Jefferson and Market Street is a bit of an eye sore. The students at Athens Renaissance School decided to give it a makeover and turn it into a place where people can hangout while waiting to eat at the restaurant next door. They are turning the space into a "Pocket Park". The students are making some of the woodwork for the park with their own hands.
"We're gonna give it a fall theme with scarecrows and pumpkins and stuff. Put some, like, fake grass down. Just make it look attractive to people," said student Cameron Palvik.
The pop up park is temporary and will only be here for a month so you'll want to stop by and visit before it's gone.
- Athens students create a "Pocket Park" to beautify an alley
- Search for missing teen resumes at Buck's Pocket State Park
- UPDATE: Rushing water hindering search for teen missing in Buck’s Pocket State Park creek
- Vehicle expected to be pulled from Buck's Pocket State Park where teen went missing
- Search for teen missing at Buck's Pocket State Park suspended due to bad weather
- Buck's Pocket State Park closed as crews suspend search for missing teen
- Historic Huntsville bowling alley closing up shop
- Athens police investigating shooting
- Athens High School students perform in music video
- Students and teachers start work on Athens mural