Marion Street between Washington and Market streets is closed Monday.
The city of Athens Utilities reports the Athens Street Department is making repairs to the street after a contractor preparing for the Storytelling Festival hit the water main.
The water department fixed the water main Sunday night, and the water is on today.
The street will remain closed through Saturday for the Storytelling Festival.
Organizers will install the tent once street repairs are completed.
- Athens street closed after contractor hits water main
- Athens closing street for bridge replacements, more
- Crews repair water main break on California Street in Huntsville
- Decatur Utilities water main repair impacting traffic
- Athens City closes road for construction
- Athens road closed after 2-vehicle wreck
- Water restored in Brownsboro after water main repairs
- Woman who was hit by water main cover while driving dies
- Woman hurt in Decatur wreck was hit by water main cover
- Downtown streets closing for Panoply