Photo Gallery 2 Images
Athens police say shortly after 12:40 p.m. on Wednesday, the department received a call that shots were fired in the area of Levert Avenue.
Police say when officers responded to the area, they found a victim who had been shot in the lower leg. Police say the victim told officers who shot him and that the problem was over family issues.
Officers took the suspect to the police department, and police say he was questioned and released. According to police, the victim was treated at the scene by paramedics and did not go to the hospital.
- Athens police respond to shooting near Levert Avenue
- Huntsville Fire responds to 'total loss' Levert Street structure fire
- Athens police investigating shooting
- Huntsville Police respond to shooting on Clinton Avenue
- Police: Athens man arrested after shooting 19-year-old
- Madison Police respond to Buttercup Lane shooting
- Neighbors react to fatal shooting in Athens
- Man charged after Athens apartment complex shooting
- Crews respond to structure fire at Elkton Road in Athens
- One dead in Deramus Avenue shooting