Athens police say a convicted sex offender, Kenneth Newell, 50, was arrested Tuesday afternoon for violating the sex offender registration laws.
Newell was charged with two counts of failure as an adult sex offender to register with law enforcement. According to police, the first count was filed when it was discovered Newell had moved from his registered address in Athens without notifying law enforcement.
Police say at the time of the arrest, Newell was registered with a home address at Mills Trailer Park in Russellville. They say the second count was filed when Newell failed to appear in person before law enforcement every three months to verify his registration information.
Newell is in the Limestone County Jail on a $30,000 bond.
- Athens police arrest convicted sex offender for violating registration laws
- Athens police: Man arrested for shooting at girlfriend, violating sex offender registration act
- Athens police say man violated Alabama sex offender’s registration notification act
- Athens police arrest sex offender who failed to register
- Albertville police arrest sex offender
- Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office charges sex offender with registration violation
- DeKalb County man gets prison time for violating Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act
- Convicted sex offender charged with child porn
- Officials arrest convicted Illinois sex offender near Henagar
- Feds charge DeKalb County sex offender with registration failure