Athens police have arrested a Madison County man for receiving stolen property.
Chief Floyd R. Johnson of the Athens Police Department said Officer Seth Meadows arrested Charles Russell Turner Jr. Thursday night and charged him with receiving stolen property, second degree.
Meadows stopped Turner for a traffic violation on Elm Street, Johnson said. The vehicle Turner was driving was reported stolen from Madison County on Tuesday, Johnson said.
- Athens police arrest Madison County man after finding him in stolen car
- Madison police: Multiple car break-ins, guns stolen
- Car theft investigation in Athens leads to man's arrest
- Athens man killed in car wreck
- Madison County Sheriff's Office locates stolen items, arrests two men
- Athens police investigating shooting
- Athens Police arrest gas station robbery suspect
- Huntsville police seek help finding stolen Mustang
- Athens man arrested for indecent exposure
- Police: Athens man arrested after shooting 19-year-old