An Athens man is sentenced to life in prison for killing two people during a drug deal. Court documents state Kelvin Harris pleaded guilty to shooting and killing Arun Noble and Kenneth Turner in Madison back in 2014.
Harris' trial was supposed to start Monday, but he pleaded guilty during his pre-trial hearing. He was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole.
In 2014, Madison police responded to the murder of Arun Noble at the Mountain Lodge Apartment Complex. Police said Noble was killed after meeting with Harris and Kenneth Turner to buy prescription pills. Investigators later found Turner dead near Oakwood University. Detectives said Harris shot and killed Turner during an argument after Noble's death.
- Athens man pleads guilty to killing Madison residents in 2014
- Athens man killed in crash
- Athens man killed in car wreck
- Man charged with killing two in Huntsville pleads guilty
- Madison County business owner pleads guilty to securities fraud
- Colbert County man pleads guilty to murder
- Florence man pleads guilty to double murder
- Madison man pleads guilty to having sex with teen girl he met on an app
- Madison county man pleads guilty; tried to buy gun with counterfeit cash
- Athens man who confessed to killing 22 cats set free