Photo Gallery 1 Images
Frank Travis, a member of the Athens City Council, has had a partial leg amputation due to injuries from being hit by a vehicle, a city of Athens spokesperson, Holly Hollman, says.
Athens police say Travis's son, Sean Travis, was arrested for hitting his parents with a vehicle earlier this month. Officers found Frank and Sharon Travis injured outside of their home.
Police say the initial investigation determined the couple was injured during a domestic situation with their son, who hit them with a vehicle. Sean Travis, 33, is charged with two counts of first-degree domestic violence assault.
Frank Travis is the District 3 Athens City Councilman. He has served on the council since 2016.
"He had a partial leg amputation several days ago but is in good spirits and recovering and making plans for physical therapy," Hollman told WAAY 31.
- Athens councilman hit by car has leg amputated
- Spider bite led to leg being amputated, woman says
- 'You just continue to be positive:' Athens councilman recovering after being hit by car
- Farmer amputates his leg with a pocket knife to save his own life
- Athens councilman hit by vehicle returns to work with city council
- Public intoxication charge dismissed for Athens councilman's son accused of hitting parents with vehicle
- New medical technology saves patients from amputations
- Athens man killed in car wreck
- One person dead in Athens car wreck
- Athens crash injures driver, mangles car