The Friendship United Methodist Church in Athens is having a Community Drop-Off event Saturday, Mar. 17 from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm.
Volunteers will be at the First National Bank at Hwy. 72 and Lindsey Lane in Athens to take the donations.
Donations go towards children living below the poverty line in Limestone County.
"It's important to us that these children know the community sees them, we know they're there and we want to help them," said Lynn Hart.
Items Needed for Care Bags
-Soap (bars) or Body Wash (suggested: 8oz. or larger)
-Shampoo and Conditioner (suggested: 8oz. or larger)
-Brushes and Combs
-Toothbrushes and Toothpaste (youth & adult)
-Lotions (suggested: 8oz. or larger)
-Small Flashlights with Batteries
Make checks payable to Friendship UMC
(Please note in memo - Care Bags)
- Athens community drop-off event
- Community remembers beloved EMT in Athens
- Athens police investigating shooting
- Shooting in affluent Athens community sends man to hospital
- Community hurts for family of woman murdered in Athens
- Athens police chief holding meeting about community, police relations
- Boys and Girls Club of Athens hosts community meeting
- Athens State president stepping down
- Athens man killed in crash
- Coroner: 3 dead in Athens