U.S. Attorney Jay Town has announced the appointment of Jason Cheek, the Assistant U.S. Attorney, as the district election officer of north Alabama.
Cheek is responsible, in partnership with the U.S. Department of Justice headquarters, for the Northern District of Alabama's supervision of complaints regarding 'election fraud or voting rights abuses.' These can include things like bribing voters, stuffing ballot boxes or impersonating voters.
He will be in north Alabama for Election Day on November 6, and the public can reach him at 205-244-2001. Complaints can also be filed online with the Civil Rights Division’s Voting Section in Washington, D.C.
“My office will act promptly and aggressively to protect the integrity of our election process," U.S. Attorney Jay Town said.
- Assistant U.S. Attorney Jason Cheek appointed as district election officer for north Alabama
- Assistant Attorney General appointed new Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles chairperson
- Madison County Assistant District Attorney breaks down teacher's sex charges
- Alabama Gov. Ivey appoints new communications director
- Huntsville District Attorney's Office has been summoned by an Alabama circuit judge for hearing
- Alabama loses another assistant coach
- US Attorney for North Alabama creates independent shooting review counsel
- Former Alabama attorney general Troy King running for office again
- Prosecutor Hart out at Alabama attorney general's office
- North Alabama deputies help disabled veteran cross multiple counties to get to doctor’s appointment