Redstone Arsenal personnel warned the public that they may hear a large boom Friday afternoon from testing.
Arsenal officials said a large detonation was planned to take place between noon and 4:30 p.m. on the southern part of the Arsenal. The detonation could be louder than normal, officials said.
There was also a possibility that the test could be cancelled if wind and weather conditions were not acceptable, officials said.
- Arsenal warns of loud explosion
- Flooding impacts Redstone Arsenal
- One person killed, another hurt over loud music dispute
- AMRDEC at Redstone Arsenal gets new director
- Redstone Arsenal quiet on government shutdown impacts
- Secretary of the Army visits Redstone Arsenal
- Solar power project operational at Redstone Arsenal
- Death investigation underway at Redstone Arsenal
- Vehicle crashes through fence onto Redstone Arsenal