An Army recruiter is in the Jackson County Jail after investigators said the 27-year-old had sex with a 15-year-old.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office said they were informed by a third party that William Turk was having a sexual relationship with the teenager.
Chief Deputy Rocky Harnen said the interaction was technically consensual, but because the victim was a minor, she could not legally consent.
A bond amount has not been set for Turk yet, but that is expected to happen on Monday.
He's charged with Second-Degree Rape (statutory), two counts of Sodomy with a girl under 16 but over 12, and Enticing a Child for an Immoral Purpose.
- Army recruiter arrested in Jackson County for having sex with 15-year-old, officials say
- Jackson County officials make flood preparations
- Kobe Brown opens recruitment
- Four arrested in Jackson County drug bust
- 5 arrested in Jackson County meth bust
- Man arrested on rape, child sex abuse charges in Jackson County
- Officials arrest convicted Illinois sex offender near Henagar
- Big recruits land in Alabama
- Jackson County roads heavily flooded
- Jackson County Park Campground Map