A commander who oversaw day-to-day operations at Army installations worldwide has been relieved of his Texas-based command, according to the Associated Press.
An Army spokeswoman said in a statement to the AP on Thursday that Gen. Gustave Perna relieved Lt. Gen. Brad Becker as head of the Installation Management Command.
Gen. Perna is the commanding general of Army Materiel Command at the Redstone Arsenal.
The Army didn't explain its decision to fire Becker, but did say he was relieved because of a “loss of trust and confidence.”
WAAY 31 reached out to the Army Materiel Command for a comment. We have yet to hear back.
Major General Timothy McGuire is now listed as the acting commanding general.
The AP reports Becker was ordered to Washington where he will serve as a special assistant to the director of the Army staff.
- Army commander relieved of command due to 'loss of trust'
- New Garrison Commander takes over command at Redstone
- Thousands grieve murdered police commander
- 1st graders get presents from Army Contracting Command
- Army Materiel Command Band prepares for final performances
- Huntsville likely epicenter for Army Futures Command announcement
- Huntsville won't be home of US Army's Futures Command
- Alabama to vote on Ten Commandments amendment
- For the first time, a woman is leading the largest command in the US Army
- Change of command at Huntsville's U.S. Army Engineering and Support Center