On Friday, the Army Materiel Command awarded prestigious awards to two soldiers after competing in the 3-day Best Warrior Competition.
Sixteen soldiers from the Arsenal took part in the competition earlier this week at Camp Arterberry in Indiana. The competition included long physical fitness tests and obstacle courses.
Sergeant Trevor Reece won the Solider of the Year Award. He tells us he's nowhere near close to taking a break.
"I'm excited about it. I'm looking forward to the next level. My leadership set me up for success and I'm proud to keep moving that way," Sergeant Trevor Reece said.
Sergeant Reginald Alexander won the Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year. The Materiel Command is a department that develops and maintains equipment used in the Army.
- Army Material Command presents awards to soldiers after 3-day Best Warrior Competition
- 1st graders get presents from Army Contracting Command
- Army commander relieved of command due to 'loss of trust'
- Huntsville likely epicenter for Army Futures Command announcement
- Huntsville won't be home of US Army's Futures Command
- Army Materiel Command Band prepares for final performances
- Congressman Mo Brooks presents congressional art competition winner
- Army identifies two soldiers killed in Kentucky helicopter crash
- Army, FBI investigating soldier death at Fort Campbell
- New Garrison Commander takes over command at Redstone