FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. (AP) - A Fort Campbell soldier has been fatally wounded, and the post said the soldier's spouse has been taken into custody.
The post said in a news release that the shooting happened Sunday evening. The soldier's name hasn't been released pending notification of family.
Gates on the post were closed for nearly an hour while the shooting was investigated. The release said the shooting occurred in on-post housing.
The post said the case remains under investigation by Army Criminal Investigation Command and the FBI.
The sprawling Army post is located on the Kentucky-Tennessee state line.
- Army, FBI investigating soldier death at Fort Campbell
- Estranged husband indicted in Fort Campbell soldier's death
- Army identifies two soldiers killed in Kentucky helicopter crash
- Westminster Christian wins big over Phil Campbell
- Second arrest made in Phil Campbell murder
- Alabama soldiers welcomed home
- Police investigating child's death
- Death Investigation in Triana
- Army Material Command presents awards to soldiers after 3-day Best Warrior Competition
- Update: Police identify suspect in Phil Campbell murder