Tennessee authorities have charged a man with setting more than a dozen fires, including one that killed an Ardmore woman.
Edwin Neil King, 19, was indicted Monday by a Giles County grand jury on one count of first-degree murder, two counts of aggravated arson and four counts of arson. He was arrested Thursday.
King is accused of setting a series of fires in Ardmore beginning in January, including one that killed Paulene Shelton, 83. Shelton was pulled out of her burning home on Pheasant Run and died March 11 at UAB Hospital.
According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, King was tied to setting nine fires, including the one that killed Shelton.
King was booked into the Giles County Jail on $20,000 bond.
- Man charged with murder, arson for Tennessee fires
- Man indicted for 2017 murder, arson
- Fort Payne man charged with arson
- Alabama police charge homeless man in two arson fires
- Florence man charged in Tennessee police pursuit
- Limestone County man arrested for attempted murder, arson
- UPDATE: Man facing arson charge for Decatur hotel explosion
- Jackson County deputies charge second person with murder in Tennessee man's death
- Captured: Man arrested for murder of Tennessee deputy
- 2017 Murders In The Tennessee Valley