Arab woman killed in overnight fire identified

The overnight fire also killed two pets that lived in the home, investigators said.

Posted: Apr. 19, 2018 2:23 PM

A house fire that killed an Arab woman Wednesday night was likely caused by a cigarette, investigators said.

Tammy Clark, 42, was found on the kitchen floor in a home on South Main Street around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday, Arab Fire Department Chief Ricky Phillips said.

Phillips died at the scene, Phillips said. A dog and cat in the house also died.

Phillips said the fire started on the porch and was probably caused by a discarded cigarette or other smoking material.

Firefighters had to go back to the house Thursday morning around 7 a.m. after flames rekindled in the home.

Article Comments

Huntsville
Overcast
50° wxIcon
Hi: 61° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 50°
Florence
Overcast
51° wxIcon
Hi: 62° Lo: 36°
Feels Like: 51°
Fayetteville
Overcast
46° wxIcon
Hi: 58° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 40°
Decatur
Overcast
50° wxIcon
Hi: 61° Lo: 36°
Feels Like: 50°
Scottsboro
Overcast
50° wxIcon
Hi: 63° Lo: 41°
Feels Like: 50°
WAAY Radar
WAAY WAAY-TV Cam
WAAY Temperatures

 

 

Community Events