A house fire that killed an Arab woman Wednesday night was likely caused by a cigarette, investigators said.
Tammy Clark, 42, was found on the kitchen floor in a home on South Main Street around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday, Arab Fire Department Chief Ricky Phillips said.
Phillips died at the scene, Phillips said. A dog and cat in the house also died.
Phillips said the fire started on the porch and was probably caused by a discarded cigarette or other smoking material.
Firefighters had to go back to the house Thursday morning around 7 a.m. after flames rekindled in the home.