An Arab man accused of shooting at a Marshall County District Attorney's Office investigator last month is in critical condition after being shot in Louisiana, police said.
Cody Light was shot in the neck in Louisiana after a confrontation with Sulphur police, Arab Police Chief Ed Ralston said.
Light was involved in two home invasions in Louisiana, Marshall County authorities said -- one where they said he held a woman and children at gunpoint.
Louisiana State Police said the shooting happened Wednesday afternoon. Light stole a pickup truck in Vidor, Texas, and drove to Vinton, La., where he burglarized a business and stole a shotgun, police said.
Light then drove to Sulphur, where he crashed the truck and then stole a car from a home, police said. Sulphur police chased him until he crashed in Carlyss, where police set up a perimeter and started looking for him.
Light got into a home and stole another weapon before he encountered the Sulphur police officer that shot him in the neck, state police said.
Light was taken to Lake Charles Memorial Hospital for treatment, according to police. His condition wasn't released.
Light has been on the run since April 19, when Arab police said he shot at a Marshall County District Attorney's Office investigator at a home on Lookout Drive. The investigator was at the home looking for a stolen truck when he said he was shot at.
Light was last seen in Marshall County April 20, buying beer at a Guntersville gas station, authorities said.
The Marshall County Sheriff's Office said it has warrants for Light, and he faces charges of attempted murder and shooting into an unoccupied vehicle once he's extradited back to Alabama.
- Arab police say attempted murder suspect shot in Louisiana
- Arab police chief identifies suspect shot by officer during fight
- Police in Arab open fire on suspect
- Arab police searching for shooting suspect
- Arab murder suspect back in jail after contacting victim's family
- Arab Police: woman found shot dead in burning house knew suspect
- Autopsy for woman murdered in Arab to be completed; police searching for suspect
- Florida murder suspect shot by police in Pennsylvania
- Arab Senior Center reopens
- Man arrested for attempted murder