Arab police tell WAAY 31 they have arrested an Arab man for vandalizing nearly two dozen stop signs.
According to an arrest report released today, 19-year-old Joshua Hanson is charged with criminal mischief third degree and criminal mischief second degree, both are misdemeanors.
Authorities tell us they believe Hanson and two juveniles are responsible for the graffiti. Marshall County Juvenile Probation is handling the cases for the other suspects.
Arab Mayor Bob Joslin tells WAAY 31 the city is looking into who provided the tip that led to the arrest. He says if it leads to a conviction, the city will pay the $250 reward that was offered in the case.
The city said it will cost about $40 to fix each stop sign that had obscene images spray-painted on them.
- Man charged for vandalizing stop signs in Arab
- Arab Senior Center reopens
- Obscene images spray-painted on 22 stop signs in Arab, officials say
- Arab man dies in Morgan County wreck
- Arab man killed in Cullman County crash
- Arab honors veterans in ceremony
- Man killed in explosion at Arab chemical company
- Arab police arrest man for stalking, theft, killing cat
- Florence Police arrest man for vandalizing billboard
- Police in Arab open fire on suspect