Photo Gallery 1 Images
The Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals on Friday announced it believes a convicted murderer deserves his life prison sentence.
The court ruled to affirm a Circuit Court decision on the punishment for Nathan Boyd.
Boyd was 17 when he and his brother, Eric Boyd, killed Danny Sledge, owner of the popular The Galley restaurant on Shoals Creek in Lauderdale County in 1999.
The two robbed Sledge at his restaurant and stabbed him more than 23 times.
- Appeals court upholds life sentence for killer of Shoals Creek restaurant owner Danny Sledge
- Court upholds Georgia city's cash bail policy
- Top Alabama Court upholds Confederate monument protections
- Appeals court upholds Madison man’s conviction in murder by stabbing
- Two Subway restaurants burglarized in the Shoals
- State replies to appeal by Tennessee teen with life sentence
- Huntsville neighbors remember former restaurant owner
- Stanfield's Restaurant in Muscle Shoals closed after fire
- Man indicted in deadly Shoals Creek boat crash
- Condemned prisoner appeals to US Supreme Court