Huntsville Fire and Rescue responded to a fire at 2312 Pansy Street around 10:30 Tuesday night.
According to the woman who called 911, she was asleep and smelled smoke. That's when she said she heard loud bangs coming from upstairs.
The Huntsville Fire Department put out the fire and started their investigation. They told WAAY 31 the top floor of the building is likely a total loss. Water damage in the two other apartments in the building will prevent those people from staying in their apartments Tuesday night.