Storms today will be scattered in nature, but those that are on the strong to severe side can produce damaging wind and hail. Winds gusting over 60 mph will be the main threat today and overall, the risk for damaging hail is fairly low.
By 3 PM today, storms will start popping up across the landscape. The risk for severe storms is mainly focused east of I-65, through Jackson, Lincoln, northern DeKalb and Madison Counties. However, all of North Alabama can see stronger storms today.
Buckle up for the long haul...we don't lose the oppressive heat and afternoon storms anytime soon.
- An ongoing severe threat
- Severe threat heightens today
- Sunday severe threat
- Tracking Saturday's severe threat
- UPDATE: Saturday afternoon severe threat
- Severe weather threat continues Monday
- Three arrested in Moulton after ongoing investigation
- Search effort ongoing for missing Florence boater
- Damaging wind threat with severe storms Thursday
- Rainy Friday with a weekend severe threat