Information from the United State Consumer Product Safety Commission:
This recall involves AmazonBasics 1500 watt ceramic space heaters. Two models (ASIN B074MR2HGM and ASIN B074MWRLZM) have oscillating fans and the others (ASIN B074MX8VNR and ASIN B074MWKSLX) do not. The heaters were sold in black and silver colors. The AmazonBasics logo is printed on the front of the units. The following ID numbers are printed on the label on the back of the units: B074MWKSLX, B074MX8VNR, B074MR2HGM, B074MWRLZM.
About 377,000 were sold in the United States. About 18,000 were sold in Canada and 3,765 in Mexico.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled heaters. All known purchasers are being contacted directly by the Amazon with full instructions on how to receive a full refund.
Consumers and contact Amazon at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 888-280-4331. Amazon will send emails directly to all customers that purchased the impacted products with instructions on how to receive a full refund. Amazon will send the emails to the email address associated with the Amazon account that purchased the product.
Amazon received 25 reports in the United States and 5 reports in Canada of the ceramic heater overheating, burning, or sparking. Two of those reports included minor damage to power outlets.
There were no injuries associated with the incidents. No incidents were reported in Mexico.
- Amazon recalls almost 400,000 space heaters for fire, burn hazards
- Vernado Air recalls space heaters due to fire hazards
- Family loses home after fire caused by space heater in Athens
- Alabama awarded $400,000 for opioid response
- OshKosh B'gosh recalls 38,000 quilted jackets because of choking hazard
- Polaris recalling recreational vehicle because of crash hazard
- Spotting hazardous trees
- Table saw sold exclusively at Lowe's recalled due to fire hazard
- Check your pantry: Several brands of buns and rolls are recalled because of a choking hazard
- The Boppy Company recalling infant head and neck support accessory because of suffocation hazard