UPDATE: All lanes have been reopened. The scene is clear, but officials say they still do not know what caused the 18-wheeler to overturn.
All southbound lanes are closed on U.S. 231 in Meridianville Monday afternoon after an 18-wheeler carrying crushed cars from a junkyard overturned, spilling its contents onto the road.
According to Alabama Highway Patrol, the cause of the wreck is unknown at this time.
No injuries were reported. Crews are clearing the scene, and officials say they are not sure what time all lanes will reopen.
- All southbound lanes reopened on U.S. 231 in Meridianville after 18-wheeler overturned
- I-65 Southbound back open after an overturned 18-wheeler crash
- Jeep overturns on Meridianville road
- Overturned 18-wheeler near Zierdt Road
- Lane closure on U.S. 231
- Road reopened after 18-wheeler crash
- Traffic Alert: Southbound traffic blocked at Patterson Lane in Meridianville due to wreck
- Overturned 18-wheeler blocked traffic in Decatur
- 18-wheeler crash closes southbound I-65 lanes for more than 7 hours
- Overturned 18-wheeler shuts down part of I-65 in Limestone County