All lanes heading southbound on I-65 at mile post 364 between Elkmont and Ardmore are back open after they were shut down for several hours. It was due to an 18-Wheeler Wreck.
State Troopers tell WAAY 31 that tractor trailer crashed around 9:15 Thursday morning near the Alabama/Tennessee State line and caught fire. Officials say the driver was taken to a hospital, but couldn’t tell us which one or the extent of the driver’s injuries.
WAAY31 talked to some drivers who were detoured into the welcome center. "There's 5 grand-kids and 3 or 4 of them really didn't enjoy it at all," Roger Chaney.
Most of the drivers we talked to stayed positive despite the slow-down. "That's just how life is," Chaney.
Department of Transportation officials say they anticipate opening at least one lane of traffic in the next few hours. Traffic is being diverted to Upper Elkton Road and through the Alabama Welcome Center back on I-65.
WAAY 31 has a crew on the scene working to gather more information.
- I-65 Southbound lanes back open after tractor trailer wreck
- Tractor-trailer overturned on I-65 near Ardmore
- I-65 Southbound back open after an overturned 18-wheeler crash
- Traffic Alert: Southbound lanes of Jordan Lane at Oakwood Avenue back open after wreck
- Traffic Alert: I-65 southbound shut down between HWY 72 and Huntsville-Brownsferry Rd. due to wreck
- 18-wheeler crash closes southbound I-65 lanes for more than 7 hours
- Huntsville police: Southbound lanes blocked at 9th Avenue, Jordan Lane due to wreck
- Traffic alert: Wreck completely shuts down southbound lanes at Jordan Lane, Sparkman Drive
- Traffic Alert: Research Park southbound at Old Madison back open after wreck
- I-65 wreck grinds traffic to holiday halt