In the Mitchell, household every child played a sport.
That happens sometimes when your dad is a coach.
"Never had to make Erika play, she's very competitive in basketball also," Mars Hill Baseball Coach, Jay Mitchell, said.
"He's made me everything I am," his daughter, Erika, said. "He's taught me everything."
Mitchell has been the baseball coach at MHBS for 17 years. His kids grew up watching their dad on the baseball field.
"It's an honor," Mitchell said. "I mean, we both love Mars Hill so much and we just do what we can to give back and help and be a little part of it."
Erika is part of history, winning softball's first title.
"It was very exciting, being runner-up last year did not feel good, knowing we could have won," she said. "We had a 7-1 lead. We just didn't want to go back to doing that, so we just dug down and did what it took."
Now, Mars Hill Bible has won football, baseball and softball state championships all in one school year.
- All in the Mars Hill Bible School Family
- Mars Hill Bible Wins First State Title
- Mars Hill Bible Panthers clawing towards championship
- Mars Hill Bible falls in 2A championship series opener
- Mars Hill Bible falls in 2A State Baseball Championship
- Mars Hill Bible Brings Home First State Football Championship Trophy
- Mars Hill Bible alum gets invite to Braves Spring Training
- Mars Hill Bible School takes game one of the 1A baseball State Championship
- Mars Hill Bible School takes down Brantley to win 1A Baseball State Championship
- Mars Hill Bible has first football players sign on National Signing Day 2019