The Freshman All-SEC Team was announced today, and both Auburn and Alabama newbies are taking home some hardware.
Auburn's defense shined with two linemen getting nods in Nick Coe and Markaviest Bryant.
Coe racked up 29 tackles, including 4.5 for a loss and two sacks. The redshirt freshman was designated the 5th starter on the Tigers' defensive line, rotating in at both end slots and at tackle.
Bryant played in 11 games with five tackles total including 2.5 for a loss, two sacks, and a forced fumble.
The Crimson Tide first year players are also making a showing as linebacker Dylan Moses and wide receiver Henry Ruggs are receiving honors.
Moses, one of only three linebackers on the Freshman All-SEC team, started the last two games at inside linebacker. In those two games Moses had an impressive 16 tackles, four stops for a loss and an interception. He finished the regular season with 30 tackles, 5.5 stops for a loss, 1.5 sacks, a forced fumble and an interception.
Ruggs, who made the team as a return specialist, made waves as both a kick and punt returner this season, returning 10 kickoffs for an average of 19.1 yards and eight punts for an average of 5.8 yards. As a wide receiver Ruggs had a team-best of catching in the endzone with five total.
- SEC All-Freshman Team announced
- SEC Media Days schedule announced
- SEC announces schedule for 2018 SEC Media Days
- SEC Media Days player reps announced
- Alabama, Auburn land handful of players on All-SEC teams
- 2018 AWSA All-State Football Team Announced
- Crimson Tide counting on true freshman on defense
- Tanner Burns one of three Auburn Freshman All-Americans
- New AP Top 25 men's basketball poll includes 6 SEC teams
- Rocket City Trash Pandas: Name of baseball team announced