A helicopter pilot called in an alert for engine trouble Thursday afternoon to notify safety staff, a spokesperson for Huntsville International Airport said.
The spokesperson says this happens frequently and the alert scrambles personnel in case of an emergency. She couldn't confirm what type of helicopter it was.
According to the spokesperson, the helicopter landed safely and the alert only lasted for 10 minutes.
- Alert issued in Huntsville by helicopter pilot reporting engine trouble
- More trash trouble in Huntsville
- GE Aviation: Huntsville to play key role in U.S. Army helicopter engine project
- Officials identify pilot in fatal Alabama helicopter crash
- Noise advisory issued for Redstone Arsenal nighttime helicopter operations
- Five dead, pilot is sole survivor of helicopter crash in NYC's East River
- Huntsville Native Serves with U.S. Navy Helicopter Squadron
- Huntsville company restores 19 helicopters for Air Force
- State Of Alabama issues Amber Alert
- Brewer High students revved by Huntsville-built Toyota engines