(CNN) -- Actor Alec Baldwin was arrested and charged for assault and harassment Friday following a dispute over a parking spot, according to New York police.
NYPD Lieutenant John Grimpel told CNN the incident occurred on 10th Street in Manhattan.
A 49-year-old man sustained an injury to the left jaw after being punched and was taken to a local area hospital to be treated, according to police. He's in stable condition, police added.
Baldwin was charged with assault and harassment and given a desk appearance ticket, the NYPD said.
In addition to portraying president Donald Trump on "Saturday Night Live," Baldwin currently hosts a Sunday talk show on ABC, called "The Alec Baldwin Show."
A representative for Baldwin had no comment when reached by CNN.
As he was heading to a campaign event on Friday, President Trump was asked about Baldwin's arrest. In response, Trump shrugged his shoulders and said, "I wish him luck."
Baldwin will appear in court at a later date, according to the NYPD.
- Alec Baldwin arrested, charged with assault in New York
- Baldwin County deputy shot overnight
- Alabama Closes Shellfish Growing Waters in Baldwin County
- Byrne, others voice opposition to Baldwin County immigrant holding sites
- New York subway bomb suspect charged
- Man charged with assaulting Collinsville police officers
- Man charged with assaulting Decatur police officers
- Woman charged with assault for weekend stabbing
- Assault charge dropped against Alabama's Deionte Thompson
- Woman arrested for assault on Decatur nurse