An Albertville man faces a child abuse charge after being arrested by Albertville Police Department detectives.
Albertville police Chief Jamie Smith said Nervens St. Fort, 30, was arrested after school officials notified the Marshall County Department of Human Resources, who contacted police, of the alleged abuse involving a juvenile and an adult male relative.
In his press release announcing the arrest, Smith does not detail when the arrest occurred.
Smith said St. Fort is charged with child abuse and being held in the Marshall County Jail under at $30,000 bond.
The juvenile male is in Department of Human Resources custody.
- Albertville man charged with child abuse
- Albertville couple charged with abusing small child
- Man charged in Albertville shooting
- Marshall County sheriff charges Albertville man with sexual abuse of a child
- Albertville man charged with trafficking meth
- Judge dismisses Albertville man’s murder charge
- Former Albertville judge sentenced for child pornography
- Florence man charged with child abuse
- Decatur man charged with child abuse
- Athens man charged with sexually abusing child