Albertville City Schools announced Thursday that it will be closed on Friday, January 25th and Monday, January 28th due to the flu epidemic.
The district says the amount of students out sick has increased everyday this week, and over 13 percent of students were out Thursday. The superintendent closed the schools in the hope that it will give students time to recover and prevent news cases from developing.
Albertville City Schools employees will report at the regular time Friday morning for the schools to be disinfected. After this is finished, they will be able to leave for the day.
Fayetteville City Schools in Tennessee announced Thursday the district will be closed Friday, January 25th due to illness, including cases of the flu.
Marshall County Schools will be closed Monday and Tuesday due to the flu. The school system reported 532 absences and 77 checkouts on Friday. Classrooms are being cleaned daily.
Boaz City Schools will be closed Monday and Tuesday because of the flu. Ten percent of students are out of class on Friday. School officials are working on a plan to clean buildings Friday evening.
For more information about the 2019 flu season, click HERE.
- Some local school districts closing due to illness
- Local school districts experiencing increase in illnesses
- Marshall County schools closed Monday and Tuesday due to illnesses
- Lincoln Co. Schools closed Wednesday due to absentees, illnesses
- Randolph School shuts down due to illness
- School closings due to weather
- Lincoln County, Fayetteville City, TN, public schools closed Friday due to illness outbreak
- Lincoln County, Fayetteville City Schools closed on Monday due to illnesses
- School closings and delays due to weather
- Scottsboro City Schools close due to flu