MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Alabama's unemployment rate is unchanged at a record-low 2.7%, well below the jobless level from a year ago.
A statement issued by the Alabama Department of Labor on Friday says the December rate matched the November rate of 2.7%. It represents about 2.2 million people with jobs and 61,458 people without work.
The November rate was below the state's jobless number of 3.8% in December 2018. It was also better than the comparable U.S. unemployment rate of 3.5% for last month.
- Alabama unemployment rate unchanged at 2.7%
- Alabama jobless rate unchanged at 2.7%
- Alabama's jobless rate unchanged
- Alabama jobless rate down to record 2.7%
- Alabama jobless rate unchanged at 3.8 percent
- Alabama unemployment rates rise slightly
- Alabama among 11 states where child poverty rate remains unchanged
- Alabama unemployment rate dips to 3.9 percent
- National unemployment rate drops to 3.9%
- State awards $2.7 million to help victims of domestic violence in North Alabama