AUBURN, Ala. (AP) - Authorities say a high school teacher in eastern Alabama is facing a sex charge involving a student.
The Opelika-Auburn News reports that 24-year-old Beauregard High School teacher Hunter Herring Armstrong of Auburn was arrested Monday.
Authorities say Armstrong is charged with engaging in a sex act with a student under 19 years old, a felony. The Lee County Sheriff's Office says the alleged victim in the case is 15.
The sheriff's office says the girl's parent discovered content on her daughter's cellphone that led to an investigation.
Armstrong also faces three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and one count of unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.
It wasn't known early Tuesday whether Armstrong has an attorney who could be reached for comment.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Alabama teacher faces sex charge involving student
- Alabama youth pastor facing new child sex charges
- Ex-Alabama high school coach indicted on student sex charges
- Ex Florence High School teacher facing sex charges in Calhoun County
- Alabama teacher accused of sex acts with girl in classroom
- Alabama prison guard faces contraband charges
- Teachers having sex with students: Breaking down the law
- Former Birmingham area teacher charged with sex abuse
- Teacher, former school board member charged with sex crimes
- Madison County Assistant District Attorney breaks down teacher's sex charges