MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - The Alabama Department of Corrections is investigating the death of two inmates.
The prison system said in Friday news release that an inmate at Elmore Correctional Facility died after being found with a head injury.
Officers found 51-year-old Robert Green with a head injury around midnight Wednesday. He was pronounced dead at a hospital a few hours later.
The department said the circumstances that led to Green's head injury and death are under investigation.
The prison system said no foul play is suspected in the death of another inmate at Holman Correctional Facility.
The prison system says 46-year-old Ricky Gilland of Vinemont was found unresponsive in his cell on the morning of Oct. 18. Staff entered the cell and discovered Gilland was deceased.
- Alabama prison system investigates 2 inmate deaths
- Two Alabama prison officers on leave amid investigation into inmate's death
- Alabama inmate killed inside state prison
- Prisoner stabbed to death by another inmate
- Prison reform advocates praising Department of Justice's investigation into Alabama's prison system
- Death of Alabama inmate ruled suicide
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed
- Inmate escapes from Montgomery prison
- Alabama prison system won't face contempt hearing on staffing
- Judges orders Alabama prison system to report segregation data