MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - An associate commissioner at the Alabama Department of Corrections has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation.
Prison system spokesman Bob Horton said Tuesday that Associate Commissioner Grantt Culliver was placed on administrative leave on Sept. 14.
In a statement, Horton said written allegations of misconduct were filed with the Alabama Department of Corrections' office of inspector general. That prompted the investigation.
- Alabama prison official on administrative leave
- Elementary school teacher on paid administrative leave
- 3 Alabama prison officers arrested
- Trump administration officially bans bump stocks
- Huntsville Junior High School teacher placed on administrative leave
- 3 Fayetteville police officers placed on administrative leave
- Tanner High School Principal was put on administrative leave
- Alabama prison guard faces contraband charges
- Advocacy group: Alabama has prison suicide crisis
- Kira Lewis officially signs with Alabama