LEVEL PLAINS, Ala. (AP) - Authorities say a police chief of a small Alabama city has been placed on leave without pay after police in Florida say he was touching himself improperly at a beach resort.
Panama City, Florida, police say several guests reported 44-year-old Billy Driggers had his hand down his shorts while riding in an elevator with women and children.
Police said in a statement surveillance video matched the reports, and Driggers also was taking photos of teenage girls rinsing off in showers just off the beach.
Driggers was charged with four counts of disorderly conduct.
Level Plains Mayor Bruce Grantham told media outlets Driggers was arrested last week at the police station in the Dale County city and was placed on leave without pay.
It wasn't known if Driggers had a lawyer.
- Florida cops say Alabama police chief touched self at resort
- Falkville police chief resigns
- Resort style hotel coming to Town Madison
- Trump company invests more into golf resort
- Goose Pond Colony Resort set for renovations
- Bear bites employee at Pennsylvania resort
- Former Alabama law enforcement chief arrested
- The Tide Touches Down in New Orleans
- Soon it could be illegal in Alabama to touch your phone while driving
- Don’t touch bats, Alabama health officials warn after kids possibly exposed to rabies