JACKSON, Ala. (AP) - Police in Jackson, Alabama are investigating the death of an infant.
Police Chief Jerry Taylor says Jalesa Gaines of McIntosh has been charged with abuse of a corpse and giving a false name during a traffic stop.
WALA-TV reports officers found the baby boy's body in the trunk of a car during a traffic stop. Police had pulled Gaines over for an expired license plate Tuesday afternoon.
Authorities say Gaines has not said much about what happened to the baby, who Taylor says was several days old.
Taylor says the body has been sent to the state Department of Forensic Sciences lab in Mobile for an autopsy to determine a cause of death.
The investigation is continuing.
Information from: WALA-TV, http://www.fox10tv.com/
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
11/15/2017 7:29:29 PM (GMT -6:00)
- Alabama mother faces charge after dead baby found in car's trunk
- Mother of dead Texas baby indicted on corpse abuse charge
- Tennessee boyfriend charged after woman, mother found dead in home
- Amazon now delivers to the trunk of your car
- Huntsville woman's car with Christmas presents in trunk stolen
- Man reported missing in Alabama found dead
- Alabama teacher faces sex charge involving student
- Alabama prison guard faces contraband charges
- Alabama man charged in killing of girlfriend's baby son