Shannon Gargis was sentenced in Franklin County Monday for the killing of his girlfriend's toddler more than two years ago. He was found guilty of manslaughter and aggravated child abuse for the death of Serenity Renfore.
According to the Franklin County District Attorney, Joey Rushing, Gargis received a total of 20 years for each charge and will serve 40 years in prison. That was the maximum sentence he could receive.
- Alabama man sentenced to 40 years in prison for toddler's death
- Alabama court overturns death sentence
- Man sentenced to 10 years in prison for manslaughter
- Man in Alabama convicted of killing girlfriend's toddler
- ACLU calls for Alabama to reduce prison sentencing
- Michael Cohen sentenced to three years in prison
- Pastor sentenced to 50 years in prison on sex convictions
- Payday lender lawyer sentenced to 8 years in prison
- Conviction, death sentence upheld for Scottsboro man
- 3 Alabama prison officers arrested