MOBILE, Ala. (AP) - An Alabama man has been charged in the death of his girlfriend's 4-month-old son.
News outlets report that 25-year-old Markeise Caldwell of Mobile was arrested Sunday and charged with capital murder and aggravated child abuse. Police say the baby, Kendrick Cole, died of blunt force trauma.
Authorities say Kendrick was hurt while Caldwell was babysitting him Sunday.
WALA-TV that Caldwell spoke to on camera to reporters as he was led into the Mobile County Metro Jail. He said he was "overdrinking" and that he hurt somebody he loves. Caldwell also said he was "spiritually weak" and described himself as "mentally gone."
Caldwell is being held without bond. It was not immediately clear whether he is represented by an attorney.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Alabama man charged in killing of girlfriend's baby son
- Man charged with beating his girlfriend's 3-year-old son
- Man in Alabama convicted of killing girlfriend's toddler
- Crossville man charged for murdering his girlfriend
- Meridianville man indicted for allegedly killing his girlfriend
- Registered sex offender charged with beating girlfriend
- Athens man charged with breaking bones in girlfriend's face, hand
- Limestone County sheriff: Man abuses girlfriend’s baby, blames 4-year-old
- Alabama Supreme Court upholds murder conviction of man who killed his wife, unborn baby
- Murder trial underway for man charged with killing his wife and son