FAIRHOPE, Ala. (AP) - Police say a rabid fox bit a golfer and a groundskeeper at an Alabama golf club.
AL.com cites a release from Fairhope police that says the male golfer reported being bitten as he stepped out of his golf cart at Rock Creek Golf Club on Sunday afternoon. A groundskeeper was then bitten while trying to catch the fox Monday morning.
The golfer was hospitalized for treatment.
Fairhope Animal Control ended up catching the fox, which tested positive for rabies at the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences. Both bite victims were notified of the fox's rabies status and advised to take appropriate treatment.
The victims' current conditions have not been reported.
- Two bit by rabid fox
- Rabid foxes attack on Alabama's coast
- Hot & a bit drier Monday
- Hot, humid, and a bit stormy
- Sunny and a bit warmer Wednesday
- Police: Woman made up rabid raccoon story to cover up shooting in Dothan
- Fox terrier wins at Westminster
- A bit of sunshine with chilly temperatures Tuesday
- Fact-checking Donald Trump's Fox News interview
- Shepard Smith leaves Fox News Channel