DECATUR, Ala. (AP) - Police say a 22-year-old Alabama man is critically injured after a single-car crash in Decatur.
The driver of a Nissan Altima was ejected when the vehicle overturned off Danville Road early Sunday. Decatur police said someone reported the crash to 911 at about 4:20 a.m.
Police spokeswoman Emme Long said Monday the driver, 22-year-old Shyquan Jamal Draper of Somerville, was in critical condition at a hospital in Huntsville.
Long said Draper was the only person in the car. She said the cause of the crash is still being investigated.
This story has been corrected to reflect that a Decatur police spokeswoman said the crash victim was not dead but was in critical condition.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
2/19/2018 11:26:06 AM (GMT -6:00)
- Alabama man, 22, critically injured in weekend crash
- South Huntsville shooting leaves victim critically injured
- Shoals man injured in Saturday car crash
- Man seriously injured in Limestone County crash
- Decatur man injured in rollover crash
- Pregnant woman killed, daughter injured in Alabama crash
- School bus crash in Alabama kills 1, injures 11
- Man in critical condition after Decatur car crash
- Woman remains critically injured after Florence house fire
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed, several others injured