An attorney for 20-year-old Erron Brown has filed a request to reduce his bail from $125,000 to $60,000. A motion filed Monday in Birmingham says Brown has no felony convictions and would abide by an electronic monitoring system.
Prosecutors haven't responded to the request.
Brown is jailed on an attempted murder charge in the wounding of a teenager who was shot at a mall in suburban Birmingham. An officer who heard the gunfire shot and killed 21-year-old Emantic "EJ" Bradford Jr., apparently believing he was the shooting suspect. Protesters are pushing for the arrest of the still-unidentified officer who killed Bradford.
- Alabama mall shooting suspect seeks lower bond
- Alabama prosecutors seek higher bond for mall shooting suspect
- Alabama mall shooting suspect seeks police video
- Alabama high school teacher accused of rape seeks lower bond
- City officials seek to release more on Alabama mall shooting
- Organizers seek expanded boycott following mall shooting
- Mall shooting suspect agrees on return to Alabama
- Defense attorney: Alabama mall shooting suspect not guilty
- Prosecutor opposes reduced bond in mall shooting case