TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) - Derrik Jamerson Jr. had 25 points and made two free throws with 17 seconds left in overtime as Norfolk State narrowly defeated Alabama 80-79 in the NIT first round on Wednesday night.
Nic Thomas had 15 points and five steals for Norfolk State (22-13). Steven Whitley added 13 points, seven rebounds and seven assists. Jordan Butler had 11 points and 12 rebounds for the visitors.
Herbert Jones had 18 points for the Crimson Tide (18-16). Alex Reese added 17 points and seven rebounds. John Petty had 11 points, including a 3-pointer to tie it at 67 at the end of regulation.
- Alabama gets upset in round one of NIT
- Alabama gets #1 seed in NIT Tournament
- Staff upset over missing paychecks
- Dolphins draft Alabama safety Fitzpatrick in 1st round
- Rounds of rain & storms
- 2018 Playoffs Round 1
- Alabama Rallies in the 2nd Half to Upset No. 23 Florida
- Muscle Shoals parents upset after teacher firing
- Multiple customers upset after slow propane deliveries
- Locals upset about upkeep at Guntersville cemetery